About the Conference
All Physicians Are Leaders
June 9-11, 2023
About the Conference
The physician leader is well-positioned and deserves an equitable say in shaping the future of the healthcare industry. This three-day conference will equip you with expert insights through our skills-building leadership sessions, engaging networking experiences and career-enhancing professional development. We look forward to connecting with you in Chicago.
Theme: All Physicians Are Leaders
In these current times, the impacts on healthcare are profound. How physicians continue to provide patient care is being challenged. Those in group practices, as well as those within institutional environments, are faced with the prospect for how to develop new approaches in their professional pursuits. The changing environment in healthcare provides all physicians with a unique opportunity to develop and implement larger scales of change for the industry.
This year’s conference theme, All Physicians Are Leaders, inspired by the book of the same name, is an introspective look and call to action on how all physicians can reach their fullest potential by becoming and remaining more engaged while inspiring engagement in others. It is also a clear-eyed look at the positive and trusted role physicians exercise in every sector of the healthcare industry.
Physicians remain the most trusted and dominant conduit for care and decision-making within the multidisciplinary sphere of healthcare and, further, with increasing demands for quality care and patient satisfaction, the physician leader is well-positioned and deserves an equitable say in shaping the future of the healthcare industry.
Policies & Terms
Thank you for your interest in participating in this Event. The following Event Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to your attendance and participation in the Event. Your Event registration may include in-person programming (including general admission keynotes, general education sessions, opening reception and exhibition), digital access to programming (including exclusive content), and/or any optional pre-Event programs, special events or special in-person or digital programs you choose to add onto your registration. “Attendee” for purposes of these Terms will include all participants at the Event, including exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, press, partners and individual attendees. By participating in this Event, you agree to these Terms so please read them carefully before registering.
This Event is organized and presented by the American Association for Physician Leadership, Inc. (“AAPL”), which reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or deny access to any entity or individual for a violation of any provision of these Terms.
Code of Conduct
Event Code of Conduct
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants
- Alert AAPL leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, nationality, disability, or other personal characteristics
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides)
- Intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography
- Photographing slides of oral presentations and posters without permission
- Recording of sessions without permission
- Violating the rules and regulations of the conference venue or hotel
- Sustained disruption of sessions or other events
- Unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact
- Physical assault (including unwelcome touch or groping)
- Actual or implied threat of physical harm
- Actual or implied threat of professional, reputational or financial damage or harm
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any attendee, sponsor, venue staff, or vendor will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, AAPL staff may remove said participant from the Event, without refund, and/or may be banned from future AAPL events. Egregious violations will result in more severe sanctions, including the possibility of reporting to local law enforcement.
If You Witness or Experience Conduct That Violates the Code
If you feel you are being subjected to, or notice that someone else is being subjected to, behavior that violates this Code of Conduct, please contact a member of AAPL staff as soon as possible or call 911 immediately. AAPL staff is available to assist participants in contacting hotel/convention center security or local law enforcement, and otherwise assist those experiencing harassment, to enable them to feel safe for the duration of the meeting. We value your attendance and want to make your experience as productive and professionally inspiring as possible. All reports will be kept confidential and will be treated seriously and responded to promptly.
We Respect Your Confidentiality
The rights and privacy of those involved, including the rights of those who are being investigated, are protected. Keep in mind that if you report a concern, your identity will only be revealed if it is absolutely necessary and only to those who have a clear need to know so they can completely address and resolve the incident you reported. If you decide to report a concern anonymously, please be sure to provide as many details as possible. To facilitate as complete an investigation as possible with an anonymous report, we need to know who, what, when, where, why, and how, as outlined above.
If you require additional accommodations onsite, please stop by the Registration Desk onsite, however we may be limited in our ability to accommodate your request immediately based on available resources and circumstances.
Digital Content Access
Digital Content Access
Our virtual event platform(s) will also support networking between Attendees. For the Event to function effectively, your participation may be visible on the platform(s) and other Attendees may be able to contact you via the platform(s). If you choose to interact with another Attendee, you agree to permit AAPL and the platform to share your Event networking profile with that Attendee. You can opt out of this sharing by not interacting with other Attendees, and you can also control what information is available in your Event networking profile, including any contact details.
Waiver of Liability
For the purposes of this Waiver and Release, references to “we,” “our” “us” or “AAPL” shall be to the American Association for Physician Leadership, Inc., a Florida not for profit corporation and its affiliates. References to “you,” “your” and similar words in this Waiver and Release are to the individual registering for the Event and who is agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Waiver and Release. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary right, authority and consent to enter into the terms of this Waiver and Release.
- You agree to comply with the Event rules enforced by us from time to time which are communicated to you or made available online. The Event rules may relate to use of the Event facilities, dress code and your conduct while participating in the Event.
- In participating in the Event and/or using the facilities at the Location, you specifically understand the inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases, including COVID-19, in any public place where people are present. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , older adults and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. AAPL cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your participation in this Event. You nonetheless voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected during travel and/or attendance at the Event and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence by you or others, including, but not limited to, employees, volunteers, and Event participants and Event venue staff. It is your express intention that this Waiver and Release bind you, your family, your heirs, and/or your assignees.
- For physically-oriented Events that you voluntarily elect to participate (e.g., golfing, hiking, running, yoga, etc.), you specifically warrant, represent and agree that: (a) you are physically capable for participation in the Event and the activities specified in the Event description and other activities that may be conducted in conjunction therewith; (b) you represent that you know of no medical or other condition why you are not capable of engaging in the Event and that such Event would not be detrimental to your health, safety or physical condition; (c) you understand and expressly agree that those activities may have inherent risks and dangers which can come from causes that vary and may not be presently foreseeable; and, (d) you freely and voluntarily agree to assume the inherent risks in attending and participating in the Event and/or any voluntary activities while attending the Event and understand that accepting these Terms and Conditions are a prerequisite to registering and attending the Event.
- You acknowledge and agree that AAPL is not responsible for any third-party products or services offered to you by either the Event facility operator (“Event Operator”) or third parties other than AAPL while attending the Event at an Event facility (“Services”). AAPL is not responsible for the performance of the Services and does not make any representations about the Services. If you have any disputes or issues regarding a Service obtained from an Event Operator or other third parties not affiliated with AAPL, you must contact the Event Operator or third party directly. Each Event Operator is solely responsible for the accuracy, care and quality of the Services being provided. AAPL shall not be responsible for any Event Operator’s or third party’s failure to comply with applicable federal, state and local law.
- AAPL shall not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to your personal property caused by or in connection with your participation in the Event, unless caused directly by the gross negligence of willful misconduct of AAPL. You assume all risk of loss of or damage to any of your personal belongings. AAPL’s liability, including but not limited to a failure of AAPL to meet its obligations hereunder, shall not exceed the amounts paid by you to AAPL in connection with the Event (if any).
- AAPL reserves at all times the right to cancel the Event at any time and will provide you with as much advance notice as is commercially possible. AAPL shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or liability as a result of the cancellation of the Event.
- You acknowledge and understand that any content provided in an Event is for general informational or educational purposes only and is provided “AS IS”. AAPL makes no representations as to the accuracy of information presented and AAPL shall have no liability for any error or omissions.
- You acknowledge and agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend AAPL and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of its and their past, present, and future principals, members, assignees, managers, directors, officers, agents, employees, successors, and assigns, for and from, and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, damages, liabilities, and expenses of every kind, whether known or unknown (including reasonable attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of any lawsuits, proceedings, claims, demands and actions of any kind or nature whatsoever brought by anyone (including you) in connection with any accident, injury, or damage to any person or property resulting from your actions or inactions while attending the Event and related activities. If any such claim, action or proceeding is brought against us, our subsidiaries/affiliates, or any of our past, present and future principals, members, assignees, agents, successors, or assigns, you will, upon written notice from AAPL, at your expense, defend such action or proceedings by counsel reasonably approved by AAPL in writing.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to grant you the right to record, copy, reprint, distribute, provide access to and/or make available to anyone else any of the materials and/or content recorded at the Event without AAPL’s express written permission or to take photographs or videos of any presentations or speakers at the Event other than for your own personal review.
- You hereby consent to allow AAPL the use of your name, voice, interview, photograph, image, recordings, likeness, and any and all attributes of your personality (collectively, “Images”), in, on or in connection with any film, audio tape, video tape, audio-visual work, photograph, illustration or broadcast, in any media or embodiment, including, without limitation, all formats of computer readable media, produced by or for the benefit of AAPL in connection with the Event to illustrate the activities of AAPL and/or for use in promotional material created or used by AAPL. You also grant AAPL or its designee permission to use and/or publish said Images and further waive any right you may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product prior to publication. Further, you agree that you shall receive no compensation of any kind for the use of your Images, words or likeness. You discharge AAPL from any and all claims which may arise from use of any video, interview, film, and/or photograph.
- This Waiver and Release is binding upon you, your heirs, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns. The provisions of this Waiver and Release will continue in full force and effect even after the termination of the Event, whether by agreement, by operation of law, or otherwise.
- If any term or provision of this Waiver and Release is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision of this Waiver and Release or invalidate or render unenforceable that term or provision in any other jurisdiction. All matters arising out of or relating to this Waiver and Release are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Any claim or cause of action arising under this Waiver and Release must be brought only in the state or federal courts located in Hillsborough County, Florida and the parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts.
- By attending the Event, you hereby certify that: (1) you have fully and completely read and understand the foregoing terms, including the assumption of risk and release of liability; (2) your participation in the Event is completely voluntary, as is your consent to this Waiver and Release; (3) you are 18 years of age or older; (4) you understand that by attending the Event it obligates you to indemnify the parties named for any liability for injury or death of any person and damage to property caused by your negligent or intentional act or omission; (5) you have the legal right and authority to consent to, and by attending the Event, you do consent to the terms and conditions of this Waiver and Release.
Communications and Contact Information
For the purposes of these Terms, the term “Contact Information” means Attendees’ names, company names, job titles, address, email address, and phone. Except as described herein, AAPL does not share your Contact Information with exhibitors and/or sponsors prior to, during or after the Event if you have opted out of communications from third parties. The sections below outline when and how AAPL may share the information described; if you want to adjust your consent and or opt-out preferences, you may do so at any time (subject to the limitations around digital content access described below) through your AAPL profile. Additionally, if you receive an unauthorized email from an exhibitor, sponsor, or Attendee, please contact the exhibitor, sponsor or Attendee directly to remove your name from its distribution list. You may also notify AAPL at email@example.com.
Unless you have specifically opted out while completing the registration process, and by acknowledging these Terms, you are providing your consent for AAPL to share your limited registration information (meaning name, company name, job title, city, state and/or country) on the AAPL attendee roster in the Event platforms.
You agree not to copy or permit to be copied, in any form or format, without the express written permission of AAPL, any of the contents of the Event attendee roster. You also agree not to use the roster contents for any commercial, marketing, promotional or political purposes.
Communications from AAPL
By completing the registration process, you acknowledge that you will receive emails and other communications from AAPL related to the Event to facilitate your participation. Specifically, you are providing your consent to allow AAPL to use your Contact Information to facilitate access to Event programming, exhibitor sessions and sponsored activities, AAPL digital platforms, and related events, including Event content, optional pre- and post-event activities, special events, or special digital programming.
Badge & Admission Policies
An Event badge allows an Attendee entry to the Event, and to certain areas and sessions, based on your Attendee registration type or package purchased. It does not guarantee admission to every session, lounge, or meeting area. Admission is also subject to venue capacity and other requirements.
For security and privacy reasons, badge swapping or sharing of access credentials is not permitted. Anyone found wearing a badge that does not match that person’s identification or using another person’s access credentials for the in-person event will be asked to leave the Event premises without a refund, and that person’s registration will be canceled. Additionally, anyone sharing their access information or login credentials in connection with any component of the AAPL digital content will be restricted from future access to the event, that person’s registration will be cancelled, and the individual may be restricted from access to future AAPL events.
Health and Safety Information
Health and Safety Information – updated September 27, 2022
This page may be updated from time to time with information pertinent to attendees, exhibitors, speakers and staff participating in the:
2023 AAPL Annual Leadership Conference | Chicago, IL
Please check back periodically for additional updates and guidance to our health and safety policies based upon current recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”), the state of Arizona and local health authorities.
In keeping with AAPL’s duty of care and our responsibility as the host of the 2023 AAPL Annual Leadership Conference, we are guided by recommendations from the CDC and will abide by the legal mandates of the State of Illinois and the city of Chicago. With that in mind, AAPL will no longer require proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 tests in order to attend the 2023 AAPL Annual Leadership Conference event.
By attending the event participants accept responsibility to act in the best interests of their own health, the health of others who attend, and the communities to which they will return after the event.
Attendees, exhibitors, speakers and staff are asked to:
- Follow the CDC guidance, “Isolation and Precautions for People with (or exposed to) COVID-19,” found athttps://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html
- Not to enter the venue if they are experiencing any flu-like or other COVID symptoms; and
- Depart the event if COVID-19 symptoms develop.
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout their attendance at the event.
Masks are voluntary while attending the event and AAPL asks that all participants respect other attendees’ personal choices with respect to wearing a mask even if others do not wear one. Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. The CDC recommends that immunocompromised or high-risk individuals consult with their doctor about the need to wear a mask at this event.
AAPL will continue to monitor evolving public health guidance regarding large gathering settings and local levels of Covid-19 community transmission in Scottsdale and will advise attendees of any changes that may be made to the CDC’s guidance.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , older adults and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. AAPL cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your participation in this event.
By attending the 2023 AAPL Annual Leadership Conference in Chicago, IL, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Arizona, including those in place for international travelers. By attending the event, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party:
- are not experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the CDC at www.cdc.gov , unless known to be caused by a condition other than COVID (such as seasonal allergies) including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- do not need to quarantine pursuant to CDC guidelines due to close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19
- are not under any self-quarantine orders
Payment Terms & Cancellation Policy
Cancellation and Refund Policy
91 days or more until start of event – a 100% refund less a $100 processing fee
61 – 90 days until start of event – a 50% refund less a $100 processing fee
60 days or less until start of event – no refunds
Event registrations may not be transferred to another person at any time without AAPL’s written approval.
Photography & Videography Disclaimer
You further understand and agree that any or all Recordings may be placed on the Internet and/or used, in any form, as part of any future publications, brochure, or other printed materials or for promotional purposes by AAPL and further that such use shall be without payment of fees, royalties, special credit or other compensation. You further understand and agree that you will not have an opportunity to review the Recordings before they might be published or distributed. Any such Recordings taken during the duration of an Event are the sole property of AAPL.