Connect one-on-one with a physician mentor and take a deep dive into your professional development and personal growth
Knowing that professionals often attribute their success to those who helped them along the way, AAPL has introduced a new way for early-career and experienced physician leaders to connect in real-time about:
- Certified Physician Executive (CPE) guidance
- Career development
- Leadership development
- Work-life balance
- Project specific advice
- And more
Working in the healthcare industry brings unforeseen challenges along the way. Recognizing that seasoned physician leaders have valuable experience, knowledge and insights, we provide direct access to help you navigate the ever-changing world of healthcare and inspire change, together.
Become a Mentee
- Hear stories and experiences so you know what to expect
- Become fully aware of your ability to succeed
- Strengthen your networking and communication skills
- Hear honest advice and thoughtful guidance
- Gain insights on challenges you are facing
Become a Mentor
- Give back to your profession
- Shape the next generation of physician leaders
- Demonstrate leadership skills and become a better leader
- Gain new perspectives and fresh ideas
- Exercise emotional intelligence
- Make a difference
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to participate?
How do I enroll?
The Call for Mentorship Applications is currently closed.
Applicants will complete an enrollment form to become a mentor or mentee. Please note that you will be required to upload a CV/bio to complete the enrollment process.
What should I expect?
Expect to receive honest advice and thoughtful guidance. Mentoring is a collaborative relationship between two people where the aim is for the more seasoned leader to help guide and support the upcoming leader in both personal growth and professional development. It is a learning and developmental relationship between someone with vast knowledge and someone willing to learn. The success of this relationship will be based on reciprocity, mutual respect, clear expectations, personal connections and shared values.